Dr. William Lea is certified by the American Board of Radiology in both Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. He is a founding member of the Society of Interventional Oncology (SIO). His extensive training and expertise allows him to provide minimally-invasive, comprehensive patient-centered care for a wide variety of diseases. His clinical interests include the following:
- Primary and Metastatic Liver Cancer (TACE, Y90, Ablation)
- Kidney Cancer (Ablation)
- Metastatic Bone Disease (Ablation, Cementoplasty, Screw Fixation)
- Painful Fractures Related to Cancer
- Abdominal & Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Endoleaks (EVAR, TEVAR)
- Lower Extremity Arterial Disease (Angioplasty, Stenting)
- Varicose Veins (Ablation, Phlebectomy, Sclerotherapy)
- Acute & Chronic Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) (Thrombectomy, Stent Reconstruction)
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter Removal
- Uterine-Sparing Embolization of Fibroids (UFE)
- Prostate Artery Embolization (PAE) for Benign Prostate Hypertrophy (BPH)
- Spine & Sacral Fractures (Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty)
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) Placement for Ascites
Dr. Lea is a native of Nashville and graduate of Harvard University and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. He completed two years of general surgery residency at Indiana University, four years of diagnostic radiology residency at Indiana University, and a comprehensive fellowship in Vascular & Interventional Radiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI. After completion of his training, Dr. Lea continued in academic medicine for over 4 years as an Assistant Professor of Vascular & Interventional Radiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. During this time, he was involved in numerous clinical research projects, academic publications, and speaking engagements both nationally and internationally with a primary focus on minimally-invasive therapies for primary and secondary musculoskeletal malignancies. A list of his research publications can be found here.
Dr. Lea lives in Murfreesboro, TN with his wife and three children. Outside of work, his interests include camping and paddling around the beautiful Southeast, live music, traveling around the globe, Saturday afternoon college football, and Scouting.